Have you ever wished you could strategically communicate with your students and parents through social media? Ever wished you could find a way to share quick snippets of what students are learning in student ministry, or even send a word of encouragement to parents in your community?
Well . . . (drum roll) . . .XP3 Students has a social media plan designed for sharing specific XP3 series messages that inspire and inform parents and students.
Social Media Plan for Parents
The social media plan for parents encourages them to have offline conversations with their kids during each month. On the first Monday of every month, we will release bite-size content from the featured XP3 series on the XP3 blog and invite leaders to post that content on their social media channels. Every plan will give leaders six tweets and three Facebook posts to encourage parents as they engage with their students.
Twitter: (Use #XP3)
1. Bottom line from XP3 series and includes link to featured video.
2. Quote from Parent CUE
3. Action point from Home XP
4. Retweet post from Orange parents/married people
5. Hyperlink to Parent Link Live (PPL is an audio podcast for parents)
6. A quote to encourage parents
1. Summary of the series
2. Recap of the action point
3. Share encouraging Orange Parents link
Here are specific examples of the social media plan for parents:
Social Media Plan For Students
The social media plan for students engages students weekly with the featured series content. The first Monday of every month, the XP3 blog will release bite-size content from the featured XP3 series and invite leaders to post to social media. Every plan will provide five tweets, three Facebook posts and two Instagram pics for leaders to use in engaging with students in their student ministry.
Twitter: (each tweet uses hashtag #XP3)
1. Teaser for series (pic from series)
2. Link to preview video with question
3. Bottom line from week session
4. Follow up tweet aiming at application
5. Funny YouTube video
1. Post series graphic
2. Bottom line from week session
3. Follow up question from session
Instragram: (using #XP3)
Upload series graphic
Post pictures of your set/environment for the series. #XP3
Here are specific social media plan for students examples:
Remember the main goal for the social media plan is to inform, inspire and connect with parents and students. So have fun and start tweeting and posting away!