You may think that after you’ve purchased your tickets, you’re kinda done until the big event. But there are actually a number of things you can do prior to your arrival to help make your pre, during and post Orange Conference experience velvety smooth.
Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Check it out. Work your way through this Attendee Checklist. You’ll be kicking yourself otherwise.
- Book early. Flight costs go up and hotels sell out, so book early to stay in your budget. We’ve also put some info and offers on our Details page.
- Be informed. As we always say, an informed attendee is a happy attendee. Okay, we just made that up, but we’re going to start using it because it’s true. To keep up with the latest OC16 info, follow our social media and also text “OC16” to 404-445-2198. We’ll keep you up-to-date on registration deadlines, new speakers and much more.
- Divide and conquer. With over 100 Breakouts available this year, you may want to divvy up sessions with your team so you can cover more ground. Just make sure everyone can read their own notes later!
- Visit a church in the area. Many of you love to see other environments, so why not build that into your pre or post event schedule? And if you’re looking for a tour or some one-on-one time, be sure to contact and make arrangements well in advance.
- Rock your orange. Some of you have already shown us what you’ll be packing for your trip to Atlanta. We love to see the creative ways you sneak orange into your attire, or the orange you wear without abandon! From shoelaces to morph suits and everything in between, we know you’re going to represent.
- Pre-network. You don’t have to wait until you’re on-site to network with your heroes and peers. Search our hashtags (#OC16 and #thinkorange) to find out who’s going to be here, and reach out to say hello.
- Manage expectations. This applies to both you and your team. If you’ve been before, let your newbies know what’s in store. If you haven’t been before, read through the website. And we keep you pretty busy so come rested, and schedule some down time after the event if you can. You may also want to set aside some debrief time for your team on the way home or after the event.
- Stick around. If you’re traveling into Atlanta, come early or stay later to see the sights! It’s a great town, and we’re happy its home. And if you need any recommendations, just ask us!
- Prepare to . . . have fun! It’s going to be an incredible three days. You’re going to learn a lot, but you’re also going to laugh a lot. It can be stressful preparing to leave your job or home for a few days, but it’s going to be worth it. We’re going to have a great time, so start getting excited!
THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED. CLICK HERE FOR THE GIVEAWAY FOR WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 17.
In order to win today’s prize of an event ticket and airfare, please Tweet what you’re most excited for at this year’s event with hashtag #OC16 (if you want to win a OC16 ticket) or #RTL16 (if you want to win a ReThink Leadership ticket) by 11:59 p.m. ET. Please note that ReThink Leadership is only for senior, lead and campus pastors. We’ll draw one person for each event in the morning and announce on Orange Leaders Facebook page.
The Orange Conference 2016 will take place in Atlanta from April 27–29. Register by February 18 to save $40 and receive a $50 Orange credit. For more information and to register, please visit TheOrangeConference.com.
ReThink Leadership will also take place in Atlanta from April 27–29, across the street from OC16. Register by February 18 to save $40. For more information and to register, please visit ReThinkLeadership.com.
*GOOD TO KNOW: We will award up to five registrations for The Orange Conference and five registrations for ReThink Leadership. These may be from the same church or multiple churches. If any winners have previously registered for OC16, those conference registrations will be refunded. We cannot, unfortunately, refund airfare.
*PER DELTA: Good for round-trip domestic coach certificates, which are valid for transportation on Delta Air Lines and participating partners. Please check the terms and conditions on your certificate for further details. Certificates are valid for transportation on Delta Air Lines and participating partners. Please check the terms and conditions on your certificate for further details. Certificates must be exchanged for tickets by the expiration date and no extensions will be granted. The passenger is responsible for any surcharges, taxes and fees which are payable when the ticket is issued. The certificates are nonnegotiable, have no cash value and are void if altered in any way.