Here is the First Look Social Media Plan for influencing parents to interact with their preschoolers. If you missed the first post explaining our plan, please click here. The following information will be 6 tweets, 3 Facebook posts, 2 pictures or ideas for Instagram, and 2 articles to pin on Pinterest. Feel free to use any and all of this information but don’t feel tied to these updates word for word. These are simply examples that you could copy and paste if you wanted or you can add your own personality. These posts should start going out on Monday, May 27. If you have any questions, suggestions, or even content that other people con use to help influence parents for this week then please leave your comments below the post.
(Note: We use a link-shortening application to post Monday’s tweet within the 140 character limit)
- Monday: This week we learned about Aaron and Hur helping Moses by holding up his hands; watch it again here: https://cdn.rethinkgroup.org/PCUEAppPre/1305/1305_PreDTWk4.mp4
- Tuesday: Summer’s here: make it count. https://www.orangeparents.org/these-are-the-good-old-days/
- Wednesday: Parents, your child gets to give themselves a bath! Woo-hoo, you get to be their helper! Let them know you’re there to help if they need it.
- Thursday: Woo-hoo, we can help you have a good summer: https://www.orangeparents.org/creating-summer-memories-lifes-building-blocks/
- Friday: See who can hold up their arms the longest. With help you can hold them up longer. (Do this at home–not at the mall or the bank. Trust me.)
- Saturday: “Aw, mom. I just don’t feel like helping today! Do I have to?” Instead of saying that, I…I mean we, can ask God for strength to help.
- Monday: This week’s Bible story is from Exodus 17:8-13 Aaron and Hur help Moses by holding up his weak arms during the Israelites battle against the Amalekites. You can watch the story again here: https://cdn.rethinkgroup.org/PCUEAppPre/1305/1305_PreDTWk4.mp4
- Tuesday: Parents, we all love to talk about the good old days. You are making those good old days memories for your child now! Summer’s here: make it count. https://www.orangeparents.org/these-are-the-good-old-days/
- Friday: Stand face to face with your child (you on your knees) and have a contest to see who can hold their arms up the longest. Talk about how as long as Moses held his arms up, his army was winning the battle. But when Moses put his arms down, the army began losing. Aaron and Hur helped Moses by holding up his tired arms.
1. Summer’s here: make it count. https://www.orangeparents.org/these-are-the-good-old-days/
2. #ididityoudoit https://ididityoudoit.blogspot.com/2013/05/woo-hoo-i-can-help-you.html