Here is the First Look Social Media Plan for influencing parents to interact with their preschoolers. If you missed the first post explaining our plan, please click here. The following information will be 6 tweets, 3 Facebook posts, 2 pictures or ideas for Instagram, and 2 articles to pin on Pinterest. Feel free to use any and all of this information but don’t feel tied to these updates word for word. These are simply examples that you could copy and paste if you wanted or you can add your own personality. These posts should start going out on Monday, July 29. If you have any questions, suggestions, or even content that other people con use to help influence parents for this week then please leave your comments below the post.
(Note: We use a link-shortening application to post Monday’s tweet within the 140 character limit)
- Monday: Horns, and jars and torches – oh my!. Watch the video about Gideon with your child here: https://ow.ly/ndLae
- Tuesday: Parents: Good reading for Tuesday! Myths about kids! https://ow.ly/ndL2W
- Wednesday: At BathTime, talk to your child about how much God loves them. Let that “bathe” over them. Let them “soak” it in. See what I did there? Huh?
- Thursday: As we start to prep for returning to school, here’s wise words on peer conflict: https://ow.ly/ndM0f
- Friday: Put paper cups over sticks & hold them up. Then count to 3, “blow” your horn (your fist), drop the cup & say, “For the Lord & for Gideon!”
- Saturday: Who can do things no one else can do ‘cuz He says He will do it? No, not the Man of Steel. It’s our super-amazing God!
- Monday: This week’s Bible story is from Judges 7:9-22 God amazingly helps Gideon win the battle with just a small army, horns, jars and torches. You can watch the video about this battle with your child here: https://cdn.rethinkgroup.org/PCUEAppPre/1307/1307_PreDTWk4.mp4
- Tuesday: Some things to think about: https://www.orangeparents.org/myths-about-kids-nurture-shock/
- Friday: Grab two plastic cups, one for you and your child, and go outside. Look for two small sticks when you get outside. Make a horn with your hand and you’re ready to reenact Gideon at battle! Put your cups over your sticks and hold them up. Now, count to three, “blow” your hand horns and say together, “For the Lord and for Gideon!” as you throw your cups off your sticks. Do it again and again and, as you do, remind your child that God helped Gideon win the battle—just like He said He would—because God always does what He says He will do.