Here is the First Look Social Media Plan for influencing parents to interact with their preschoolers. If you missed the first post explaining our plan, please click here. The following information will be 6 tweets, 3 Facebook posts, 2 pictures or ideas for Instagram, and 2 articles to pin on Pinterest. Feel free to use any and all of this information but don’t feel tied to these updates word for word. These are simply examples that you could copy and paste if you wanted or you can add your own personality. These posts should start going out on Monday, July 22. If you have any questions, suggestions, or even content that other people con use to help influence parents for this week then please leave your comments below the post.
(Note: We use a link-shortening application to post Monday’s tweet within the 140 character limit)
- Monday: In week’s Bible story, God helps Gideon, a farmer, gather an army for battle. You & your child can watch it here: https://ow.ly/mZV0r
- Tuesday: As with Gideon, God doesn’t stay in the realm of the “realistic” but how do we, as parents do that? https://ow.ly/mY0mG
- Wednesday: Bath bubbles make great mountains for plastic army men to climb! Talk about how God did what He said He would do & helping Gideon’s army.
- Thursday: How do we gauge if our kids are “turning out right”? Good words from Reggie Joiner https://ow.ly/mXYwn
- Friday: Play “Less Than/More Than” w/ your child & small piles of any item.Talk about how God helped Gideon w/ less men & He still helps us today!
- Saturday: Cuddle up w/your child & pray,”God, we know we can trust You because You do what You say You will do. Help us to trust You like Gideon did.
- Monday: This week’s Bible story is from Judges 7:1-8, God helps Gideon, a simple farmer, gather an army and go to battle. You and your child can watch the video about it here: https://cdn.rethinkgroup.org/PCUEAppPre/1307/1307_PreDTWk3.mp4
- Tuesday: Gideon was just a farmer and God helped him lead an army! God doesn’t stay in the realm of the “realistic”, but how do we, as parents do that? https://www.orangeparents.org/wheres-the-line/
- Friday: Gather several of the same small item and play a game of “Less Than/More Than.” To play the game, make two piles of the same item. One pile will have less than the other. Count the items together and ask your child which pile has “Less Than” and which pile has “More Than.” As you play, talk about how God told Gideon He wanted his army to have less than it had. God wanted to help Gideon win the battle with a small army, not a big one. And we know God does what He says He will do, right? Right!
1. How do we help our children reach their dreams? https://www.orangeparents.org/wheres-the-line/