Here is the First Look Social Media Plan for influencing parents to interact with their preschoolers. If you missed the first post explaining our plan, please click here. The following information will be 6 tweets, 3 Facebook posts, 2 pictures or ideas for Instagram, and 2 articles to pin on Pinterest. Feel free to use any and all of this information but don’t feel tied to these updates word for word. These are simply examples that you could copy and paste if you wanted or you can add your own personality. These posts should start going out on Monday, July 15. If you have any questions, suggestions, or even content that other people con use to help influence parents for this week then please leave your comments below the post.
(Note: We use a link-shortening application to post Monday’s tweet within the 140 character limit)
- Monday: Yesterday’s lesson was about God keeping Noah & his family safe on the ark. Watch it with your preschooler here: https://ow.ly/mKi4I
- Tuesday: Good words for parents: Holidays & Family Traditions: https://ow.ly/mKjn5
- Wednesday: Today is Bathtub Crayon Day! Draw rainbows! Talk about how a rainbow reminds us that God always keeps His promises to us.
- Thursday: Calling All Non-Perfect Parents: https://www.orangeparents.org/owning-up/
- Friday: Attention! Use your couch as a floatation device! Please make sure all animals are safely aboard. Remember God does what He says He will do!
- Saturday: God has given us many wonderful promises that He will keep. Seeing a rainbow is a reminder of that. Thank God for that w/ your child today.
- Monday: This week’s Bible story is from Genesis 8:1–9:17 God keeps Noah, his family and the animals safe on the ark. He sends a wind to dry the water and a rainbow as a sign of His promise to never flood the world again. You can watch the video about it with your child here:https://cdn.rethinkgroup.org/PCUEAppPre/1307/1307_PreDTWk2.mp4
- Tuesday: Parents! Summer is flying by! What memories will your kids have of this summer? Here’s some good thoughts on Holidays & Family Traditions: https://ow.ly/mKjn5
- Friday: Gather up as many stuffed animals as you can. Now pretend your couch is the ark and your child is Noah. Help the animals get safely on the ark and wait for all of the water to dry up. Once the water is dried up, help your animals walk safely to dry land by lining them up on the floor. Remind your child that God does what He says He will do, just like He did with Noah.
1. Good words for parents: Holidays & Family Traditions: https://ow.ly/mKjn5