The next installment of the Social Media Package to help parents have conversations with their kids is below. If you missed the first post explaining what that is then click here. The following information will be 6 tweets, 3 Facebook posts, 2 pictures for Instagram, and 2 articles to pin on Pinterest. Feel free to use any and all of this information but also don’t feel tied to these updates word for word. These are simply examples that you could copy and paste if you wanted or you can add your own personality. These posts should start going out on Monday Oct. 29th and follow this social media plan. If you have any questions, suggestions, or even content that other people can use to help influence parents for this week then please leave your comments below the post. We want to know how you are using this and if it is being effective as well so please leave your comments on how we can improve this service.
- Monday: Don’t just talk about how to make a difference. Decide to do something right now.
- Tuesday: Tonight’s dinner conversation: What do we really want as a family? Let’s give that away.
- Wednesday: The Cure for the Common Complaint https://www.orangeparents.org/the-cure-for-the-common-complaint/
- Thursday: Share a story tonight with your kids about someone who has made a difference in your life.
- Friday: Family Fun Night: Take a nature walk and count how many different colored leaves you see.
- Saturday: Parenting Thought: Family Tension is managing the ideal vs what is real. https://www.orangeparents.org/family-tension/
Then post this picture with the post:
- Don’t just talk about how to make a difference. Decide to do something right now.
- Wednesday: A good reminder of what we talked about in October. Enjoy this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zD2Zp0plQM
- Friday: Learn more about how God makes things unique with this family activity:Naturally Unique
Every person is an individual. We were all created to be something and do something that makes a difference. But you know, people aren’t the only things around us that are created to make a difference. In fact, pretty much everything in nature in an individual, too! A lot of you know that every snowflake is different but what about leaves, rocks, or sticks? I’ll bet that if you took a bag and went outside with a friend or family member to each collect the same items, you will come back with a bag full of completely different things!
So what does all this mean? Well, think about it. We know that people are all different. We know that everything in nature is different. But what is that one thing that all of that has in common? It was all made by the same God! And if you ask me, He has to be one creative God to make so many one-of-a-kind creations.
Brown paper bag
List of items:
Take your collection bag and list of items to the back yard or a nearby park. See how many items you can collect and check off the list. Come back together as a group and compare your items. Try to find what is different about each piece of nature you collected and name one way it makes a difference in our lives. Make sure you put everything back where you found it!
Here are 2 possible Instagram Photos for you this week:
Bottom Line this week. You can make a difference RIGHT NOW!
It’s time to flip the switch.
2 articles to pin this week
- The Cure for the Common Complaint https://www.orangeparents.org/the-cure-for-the-common-complaint/
- Family Tension is managing the ideal vs what is real. https://www.orangeparents.org/family-tension/