Congratulations! You’ve made it to the end of another busy year in youth ministry. As 2018 comes to a close, we want to leave you with something a little different this week: our hopes and encouragement for you for the upcoming year. In the busyness of the holiday season, we hope you’ll find some times to rest as you prepare for another incredible year of youth ministry. From your friends at Rethinking Youth Ministry, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and we’ll see you in 2019!
- From Brett: Check in with your leaders. Write thank you notes. Think about being a curator instead of a creator. (2:00)
- From Charlie: Remember why God called you to step into the lives of students and families to walk with them on their faith journey. (4:00)
- From Crystal: What you do every week matters right now. (6:00)
- From Marko: The two most important skills for a youth worker in 2019 are being able to discern the leading of the Holy Spirit and being able to respond to unique context. (8:00)
- From Sarah: Set the bar low. Make goals around the things that you love to do. Get outside of your bubble. Find some new voices. Read something this year for fun. (10:00)
- From Shef: Even in a season when it feels like you’re not, you are appreciated. (11:00)
- From Ashley: What is it that you need to slow down enough to address? (12:00)
- From Stuart: Love is just a word until someone gives it meaning. (14:00)
- From CJ: No margin equals no peace. (16:00)
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
If you enjoyed this episode, we would love for you to rate or review the podcast on iTunes. Your rating and review help us make this podcast better, and help get the podcast in front of other youth leaders and listeners. Thank you for listening!