On behalf of Orange, XP3 Students, our XP3 Creative Director, writing team and oh-so distinguished Orange Specialists, we would like to cordially invite you to join us on Thursday, April 26, 2012 from 7:30-9pm for the 4th annual Orange Conference – XP3 Students networking event for student ministry leaders!
Early polling suggests this will be the most highly anticipated and highest attended XP3 Students networking event ever.**
And here’s why:
Networking…duh? Okay, you already knew that. But this is a chance to meet fellow youth-workers from all over the country. You can share ideas, best practices, and encouraging stories. You might even connect with another youth-worker who lives and works close to home. Partnerships could be struck, deals might be done. We’ve even heard rumor of a possible contingent from Australia, but we’re taking a wait-and-see approach on whether or not they will again grace us with their presence.***
We know what you’re thinking: “that’s cool but also very lame,” and also, “is that all you’ve got?” Well friends, we are here to tell you that we’ve decided to take the lame out of lame and, no, that’s not all we’ve got.
We’ve got something else. Something big. Something fun. We’ve got an ace-in-the-hole that we’ve kept in our proverbial pocket, waiting to be played at just the right time. We’ve got… Dodgeball.
You read me right – Dodgeball. And not just any Dodgeball — trampoline Dodgeball. There will be a tournament. There will be awesomeness. What more could you want in one evening? A Dunk Contest you say? A chance to live out your hoop-dreams?
Basketball goals + trampolines?
Yeah, we’ve got that covered too. These things exist? and in one place? Yes, and we’ve found it all at a place called SKYZONE****
The bottom line is this: fun will be had and you don’t want to miss it! Read these ALL-IMPORTANT details below so you don’t!
- First and foremost – the dodgeball tournament is free BUT is 1st come, 1st serve. Limit 80 people (8 teams with 10 people per team). You can assemble your own team or be placed on one. Sign up fast so you have the chance to taste either the sweetness of victory or the bitterness of defeat. Yay, even the bitterness of defeat tastes better than the taste of not knowing if you could have been a dodgeball champion. Register here. You have to register, if you want to play.
- Open jumping is available for $5 per person per hour. This means you have to pay if you want to jump on a trampoline without someone throwing balls at you. If you need more convincing check out the video on SKYZONE’S website here
- Dunk contest is $5 per participant. Prizes will be awarded.
- A full concession stand is available. Yes they have hotdogs.
- There is a $3 dinner option available that includes two slices of pizza and a soft drink.
- You MUST sign a waiver if you want to jump. We will have waivers you can sign on site, but if you want to get ahead of the game, you can fill it out online at here
- If you’re still up for some more extended Orange conversing/networking after the event, at least a couple of our dedicated XP3 team members are sure to be found hanging out at a location to be disclosed at a later date to talk Orange and student ministry.
*The 5 D’s are: Dodge, Dip, Duck, Dive, and Dodge.
**two out of three XP3 Orange Specialists polled agree that 2012 will be the biggest, baddest event ever in the history of XP3 Students. The third dissented on the basis that, thanks to SKYZONE, he now walks with a cane.
***There is actually no reason to our knowledge that would keep our Australian friends from wanting to again attend such an epic event. In fact, If you should come to the networking event and think you hear a voice that sounds as if its from the Southern Hemisphere. – you should go talk to the owner of the voice! Last year, our CareForce friends shared a great deal of insight about student ministry in Australia.. Also, we learned about the many uses and likes for Veggiemite and an energy drink call V-Energy. It was an all around cultural experience….and great times were had by all.
****The XP3 team had intended to accurately represent the game of Dodgeball in our promotional video. However, due to unfortunate events we had to finish filming our video in the ER.