Be SOCIAL. Seek JUSTICE. Explore OC12.
Orange Conference is definitely an environment for learning. And while you’re learning about ministry, why not take the opportunity to learn about some organizations doing really fantastic things in the world. Our OC12 social justice partners are a great mix of organizations that speak to different causes and talents. They’re looking forward to meeting you, so be sure and stop by. You might just be surprised at what you discover and how you can help.
- • LUO, http://LUO-SetFree.org/ – LUO is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting economic sustainability and improving quality of life. They do this through providing: nutrition, biblical curriculum, academic education and medical care.
- Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee, www.DrinkCoffeeDoGood.com – LOTH is coffee on a mission. They work at a grassroots level to ensure not only that you get one delicious cup o’ Joe, but that your dollars change the lives of the people who grow the beans. LOTH coffee brings dignity and hope to Rwanda, Haiti, Thailand, and other parts of the globe. Featuring an Orange Blend coffee this year!
- The 410 Bridge, Inc., www.410Bridge.org – 410 identifies, develops and partners with local indigenous community leadership. They learned quickly that they could only be as effective as the leaders they work with. They are careful not to do for Kenyan communities what Kenyans can do for themselves. This strategy extends through the deployment of the five impact areas for every community: water, education, health care, micro-enterprise and spiritual development.
- Plywood People, www.PlywoodPeople.com – Plywood is an innovative community addressing social needs. They are always searching for social problems with the hope to match them with entrepreneurial creativity to organize, innovate, and manage ideas that produce change.
- Kidz Konnect 4 Jesus, www.KidzKonnect4Jesus.org – Kidz Konnect is a dedicated ministry program under the direction and supervision of Coastal Christian Missions, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing Christ-centered, biblically sound educational programs to the children of Belize.
- Rice Bowls, www.RiceBowls.org – Rice Bowls is a non-profit organization that seeks to provide food for orphans in the name of Christ. They use plastic rice bowl coin banks for donation collection since rice is a dietary staple for much of the world. This design reminds participants of those in need around the world.
- The Canvas Story, http://TheCanvasStory.com – Cultivating creative ways to combat human trafficking through collective abilities, passions and opportunities, The Canvas Story will research and execute strategies to bring freedom to victims of severe abuse/slavery.
- Samaritan’s Purse, www.SamaritansPurse.org – Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Association of Gospel Rescue Missions, http://www.AGRM.org/agrm/default.asp – AGRM exists to proclaim the passion of Jesus toward the hungry, homeless, abused, and addicted, and to accelerate quality and effectiveness in member missions.
- L.E.A.D. Uganda, www.LEADUganda.org – L.E.A.D is an educational leadership program for children affected by AIDS, war and poverty. It exists because these children have talent but lack opportunity. They believe it is possible to end poverty in Africa and create a safer world by raising up today’s generation of forgotten African children to be leaders.