Here is the First Look Social Media Plan for influencing parents to interact with their preschoolers. If you missed the first post explaining our plan, please click here. The following information will be 6 tweets, 3 Facebook posts, 2 pictures or ideas for Instagram, and 2 articles to pin on Pinterest. Feel free to use any and all of this information but don’t feel tied to these updates word for word. These are simply examples that you could copy and paste if you wanted or you can add your own personality. These posts should start going out on Monday, Oct. 28. If you have any questions, suggestions, or even content that other people con use to help influence parents for this week then please leave your comments below the post.
(Note: We use a link-shortening application to post Monday’s tweet within the 140 character limit)
- Monday: Joshua is wise enough to obey God-even though it sounds silly. Watch the video w/ your child & see what God did! http://tinyurl.com/l2vzns9
- Tuesday: Parent Post: #PlayForKeeps http://www.orangeparents.org/the-gift-of-words/
- Wednesday: At BathTime, play Joshua Says to remember that Joshua did what God said – & it was something SUPER! Ok. Joshua says, “Wash your toes”!
- Thursday: Obedient Kids: Every Parent’s Dream: http://www.orangeparents.org/how-to-raise-obedient-kids-for-all-the-wrong-reasons/
- Friday: Build a wall w/ blocks or cushions, march around 7 times & knock it down. Remind your child how Joshua obeyed God even when it seemed silly.
- Saturday: Dear God, we love You & want to always do what You say. Help us to obey what You tell us to do just like Joshua! In Jesus name, amen.
- Monday: This week’s Bible story is from Joshua 6:1-2. Joshua is wise enough to obey God, even though it sounds silly. He leads the people in marching around the walls of Jericho seven times, yelling and blowing horns. The walls fall down, just like God said. You can watch the video about this with your child here: http://cdn.rethinkgroup.org/PCUEAppPre/1310/1310_PreDTWk4.mp4
- Friday: Build a wall with blocks or couch cushions. March around the wall seven times and then knock it down. Remind your child how God told Joshua to march around the wall, yell and blow a horn and the wall came down! It sounded silly but Joshua was wise enough to obey. God used Joshua to do something really SUPER!