Here is the First Look Social Media Plan for influencing parents to interact with their preschoolers. If you missed the first post explaining our plan, please click here. The following information will be 6 tweets, 3 Facebook posts, 2 pictures or ideas for Instagram, and 2 articles to pin on Pinterest. Feel free to use any and all of this information but don’t feel tied to these updates word for word. These are simply examples that you could copy and paste if you wanted or you can add your own personality. These posts should start going out on Monday, June 3. If you have any questions, suggestions, or even content that other people con use to help influence parents for this week then please leave your comments below the post.
(Note: We use a link-shortening application to post Monday’s tweet within the 140 character limit)
- Monday: This week we learned from Genesis 1 that God made the water! You can watch the video here http://cdn.rethinkgroup.org/PCUEAppPre/1306/1306_PreDTWk1.mp4
- Tuesday: Keeping the wonder in our lives and our kids: http://www.orangeparents.org/where-did-wonder-go/
- Wednesday: During today’s bathtime, make your own creations in shaving cream and talk with your child about how God made the water!
- Thursday: Making your family’s own song of summer: http://www.orangeparents.org/summertime/
- Friday: How many fun water activities can you list with your preschooler? How many can you do? How happy are you that God made the water?
- Saturday: Think back on all the water fun you have had this week & thank God for making such a wonderful, wet world full of water for us to enjoy!
Here is a graphic that you can use as a cover photo for June:
- Monday: This week, our Bible story is from Genesis 1:6-10. We learned that in the beginning, God made the water! You can watch the video with your child here: http://cdn.rethinkgroup.org/PCUEAppPre/1306/1306_PreDTWk1.mp4
- Tuesday: Parents, as we explain God to our kids are we trying to explain away the wonder? Here’s some good advice for keeping the wonder in our lives and our kids- http://www.orangeparents.org/where-did-wonder-go/
- Friday: Water! It’s definitely a favorite of preschoolers. They can use it to paint watercolors, make mud pies, and best of all . . . SWIM! Yes, sir! Water is super fun! Sit with your child and brainstorm some fun water activities you can do together and then do them! Water flowers, squirt water guns, run through a sprinkler—there’s so much you can do! As you play, tell each other how happy you are that God made water!
1. Keeping the wonder in our lives and our kids- http://www.orangeparents.org/where-did-wonder-go/
2. Fun craft to do at home! http://ididityoudoit.blogspot.com/2013/05/ocean-in-bottle.html